Sunday, February 28, 2016

Seek you first . . .

okay. . . so when I sat down with my bible study homework the other day. . . knowing quite well I would be beginning this journey to physical health and wellness I wrote out this prayer.

Father God. . . I want to seek you first. . . before the approval of others, before the comfort of food, before the personal glory of my own accomplishments.  Lord, I don't want to do things that I can accomplish on my own strength.  I want to be stretched.  I want to experience you more deeply.  Lord - only your will - and I want to seek you and if you don't go before me - this will be yet another attempt of self-sufficiency or personal accomplishment.  Lord, only through you is it possible to transform the parts of my self that seeks a piece of food over the peace of Christ.   Lord I lay this at your feet and thank you for the humble ability to take this leap and to rely on you and learn from others who have gone before me in how to care for my body as the temple of your Holy Spirit.

Lord you have been at work in my life taking me on a journey of spiritual health and wholeness. . . and you have provided me so many avenues and people to assist me obtain more freedom in my emotional health. . and Father God the work you have done - and continue to do - in my relational health and well being. . far exceeds anything I could have dreamed of.  But you are a God of the impossible and I present to you this next hurdle. . mountain if you will. . . my physical health and wellness Lord.  Lead me I pray keeping me clinging to your promise that He who began a good work would carry it on to the day of Christ Jesus.  Praise be to God our Father. . the God of all compassion who comforts us in all our troubles.  Thank you Jesus for making a way forward.

No comments: