Friday, July 11, 2008

Cakes. . . .


So each year when I was growing up my mom would make these fabulous cakes. With a Christmas birthday, I'd have Santa Claus cakes, Wreaths w/ candy, Snowman out of coconut, then eventually I started to love Ice Cream cakes so my mom was off the hook from making her typical creations. I really did love those cakes! So, when Zach's first birthday came up, I was inspired by my domestic neighbors (Shannon and Denise) who go all out decorating the cakes they make for their families and since I loved them so much as a kid I decided I HAD to make and decorate his cake. For his first birthday it was a #1 cake and last year I made a dump truck and well we went with his new "favorite" for the big '3' - the Backyardigans! I didn't have time to go out and purchase a Pablo pan (Wilton DOES make one! See it here) . . . . so I improvised!

Check out the cakes I made tonight!! I am so excited to show Zach his birthday cakes when he cakes up tomorrow! : )

Happy Birthday Buddy!!

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow! Their great... Zach will love them.

Kelly said...

awesome job!!!

Sarah said...

Mystery lifeguard,
They call me mystery lifeguard
Of Tiki Beach, yo,
That's me, the mystery lifeguard.

.. That was just for Mark...

FANTASTIC job on the cakes. They look AWESOME!

Happy Birthday Zach!

Sarah said...

Now that song is in my head...

Shannon said...

Ummm... OMG... Totally blown away by your cake awesomeness!

And, Sarah, now I have that song stuck in my head too :-)

Anonymous said...

so fun to reconnect with you again after all these years. your children are adorable. your cakes are fabulous too. kenzie is obsessed with the backyardigans. we had a 3 month period where she insisted on ONLY being called "Kenzie TYRONE". nice huh? and i was mommy tasha and daddy pablo as well for my mike!

DembroskyFamily said...

Those cakes are awesome! I wish I had the talent to do that.