Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sisterly Love. . .

Where do I begin? First, let me start by letting you all know that when I started this blog I did not believe that my life was funny or crazy enough to write about . . . now, I think I am just realizing that sharing it with others is the most crazy part of it all!

Only my sister would. . . come to Cheap Therapy and immediately click with everyone and make the night even more enjoyable!

Only my sister would . . . call crying that she got sprayed by a skunk and pack whatever she could find because she had to leave her house because of the smell! (by the way - her house is up for sale , not a very good selling feature!)

Only my sister would . . . end up staying for the weekend and think she needed to replace water bottles she drank!

Only my sister would . . . not mind that Sydney had pink eye and still let her daughter Gianna play with her!

Only my sister would . . . watch my kids so that Mark and I could have a date night and go see Batman - The Dark Knight (it was great by the way! )

Only my sister would . . . leave for home, get into Downingtown, only to get a call from me that she needed to come rescue us since Zach got us all locked into his bedroom! ( No I am not lying! Thank GOD I had my cell phone in my pocket! )

Well, this was a summary of Friday, Saturday and Sunday at my house. We had no plans for this weekend and probably would have ended up doing a few small projects like cleaning the garage or the office and instead were able to have a fabulous weekend with Karen, Andy and Gianna. I don't know what I'd do without my sister! I think I am going to go through withdraw when she starts back teaching in August. Over the years we've had our share of highs and lows and we really haven't been this close since we went to college - we've talked regularly, and even lived together (although I was gone for most of that experience travelling for work) but I don't think we've ever connected the way we have since both having our daughters this past fall. I'll know I'm going to miss talking to her everyday and spending so much time with her!

I love you Kar!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Tagged you...come check it out.

Sarah said...

Awww.. How sweet!

Shannon said...

OMG... I love this. This is EXACTLY the type of relationship I hope my girls have when they get older.