Thursday, July 03, 2008

We hold these truths. . .

So, here it goes. . . this is called a "Thursday Thirteen" as I've come to learn in the blogger world.

From Sarah, List 13 things that define of our country or 13 things that make you proud to be an American.. I'm changing it up a bit to include my own personal favorite memories of my life that were associated with the 4th of July or times when I felt strongly patriotic

1. Phillies games
2. Fireworks ( at the Robert's house, GND, and SIC )
3. Neil Diamond's " I'm Coming to America"
4. Watching Keri Strug vault in the 1996 Olympics
5. The Rhonnda bike parade when I was 5 - my bike had so many red/white/blue streamers on it!
6. Liberty Bell - my visit when I was 12 I think (oh if I only had the picture handy!?)
7. Crying while reading memorials at Ground Zero in Dec '01
8. Being at the Flyers Game and listening to Pres. Bush's speech in Sept '01 with 20K other proud yet, grieving Americans
9. Wearing Red White and Blue on the 4th of July
10. Reciting the Declaration of Independence for school
11. Watching Team USA win in the Miracle on Ice in 1980
12. Freedom of Speech
13. Arlington Cemetary - so many emotions while visiting . . .

2 comments:

Sarah said...

You posted this at 12:15am....uh-oh! Somebody is going to be sleepy today. You are going to curse me all day today. I know it!

Thanx for playing a long on the TT.

Have a good day!

Unknown said...

Good list except I'd have to say Sox games of course...

Boston is, after all, the "hub of the universe." =)