Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Cheap Therapy

So my mom's group did a cheap therapy session where we just wrote "stream of conscience" about ourselves to help remember who we are and not get lost in the daily grind of Dora and diapers - here's mine!

I am a wife. I am a mother. I am a sister. I am a daughter, grandaughter, aunt and cousin. I love my family - even with its quirks! I am a Capricorn. I am good with numbers. I love my mom's lasagna. I grew up being called bossy and became a manager. I sing out loud in the car when I am by myself. My dog Yahoo! after how I met my husband. My daughter's named after our honeymoon. I hate being alone - especially going to bed alone. I hate thunderstorms, but I love the smell after the rain. I have a sensitive nose and remember things by their smell. I get cranky without sleep. I always fall asleep in the car which makes me a horrible passenger but I am great with a map - you decide! I love being pregnant - my husband hates it! I can't stand to hear kids crying. I am not a funny person. I just don't get sarcasm. I love people. I will talk with anyone. I randomly stop people when I am shopping to get their opinions. I love with my husband holds my hand. I miss my mom that moved to Florida. I love hugs from my son. I like running. I don't do it as often as I should or would, but I have a goal to run a marathon. I played lacrosse in high school; its why I went to Lehigh University. I dind't play at Lehigh - and its not why I stayed. I love scuba diving but always get worried something will happen to me. My husband completes me perfectly. I save everything. I create (it is an ART) dozens of scrapbooks. A bunch of folks think I am nuts when I show them my books. I am not one for impressing people. I am not a girly-girl. I don't like shoes. I wear a size 10 1/2 ( or closer to an 11 after the second kid!). I am really good at softball. I odn't have good self-esteem, but I think I am really good at softball. I love being a mom. I learned how to love by watching and listening to my grandmothers. I went to Catholic schoo. I hate knee socks. I just learned how to crochet and find it very therapuetic. I believe in God. I want my children to know God loves them. I want them to also know how much I love them. I just sent my first text message last month, but I met my husband online - go figure! I hate doing dishes. I would rather clean the bathroom than do dishes. I am a morning person, not a night owl. I'd go to bed at 10pm every night if I could. I have a compulsion to answer the phone. I think it came from my mother's career as a real estate agent and the fact that I never want to miss anything. I love wearing baseball caps - maybe because my husband always compliments me and hugs me when I am wearing one! I love vegetables. I can't stand working for my food ( ie oranges, chix on the bone ) and don't do it. I used to think I was an organized person until I became a mom, now I know there are LOTS of folks out there more anal retentive then me! I bite my nails. I have my entire life except for the year I was engaged. I am emotional, I am passionate, I am a close-talker - esp. when I drink! People always told me I'd make a good lawyer. I am a big competitor, everything is a game to me. I love a glass of good red wine. I have never broken a bone. I hate hospitals. I look down while I walk in them so as to not see people sick in bed. I wanted to be a pediatrician, astronaut, dancer and a mom when I was younger. I love the smell of mens cologne. I don't read books for leisure, my night table is loaded with self help books of one kind or another ( parenting, mothering, marriage)

I am thankful for my husband - his love has taught me so much more about myself. . .

2 comments:

lindsaylew said...

This was really cool to read. I think I like that even better than those surveys of questions people send out. Thanks for sharing!

Shannon said...

beautiful!